Monday, May 12, 2014

Viva! VoxBox Review


It's time for another VoxBox Review! This time it's all about the Viva! VoxBox and its amazing goodies. I'm always thrilled with Influenster deigns to send me one of these! So many new products to try, and fall in love with. *swoon* The least I can do is thank them with some reviews for the free products that they send me. So, let's get to it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


* Creamy Coconut Face Mask by Montagne Jeunesse

I'll be doing an individual review on this tomorrow, but for now I'll say that this mask had both its pros and cons. While peeking around at what other Influensters received, I'm glad I got a cream mask. Montagne Jeunesse makes quite a few different types of masks, and I'm a little afraid of peel of ones. A cream mask on the other hand? Bring it on! This mask definitely gets points for the amazing way it smelled. A little like shea butter, and a lot like coconut, it was reminiscent of the beach.


* CityProof Twistable Intense Lip Color in "South Ferry Berry" by NYC

First of all, massive kudos to NYC for creating such a buttery soft lip color! It goes on so amazingly smooth, and leaves your lips feeling moisturized without being sticky. If there's one thing I can't stand about lip products, it's stickiness. So that already made this a win in my book! Add in the fact that the color actually lasts through moderate eating and drinking, and you have my heart. The only downside for me was that these are very pigmented colors which in itself isn't a bad thing, but South Ferry Berry is very red. It's not my type of color. I'd probably choose something a little less bold :).


* Pure Ice Nail Polish in "It's Complicated" and "Afterhours"

Here's the manicure that I rocked with these colors! Let me tell you, this nail polish is super addictive. 

Pros: 
* It's only $1.99 a bottle!
* The colors are vivid
* The formula is smooth

Cons:
* It's only sold at Walmart

That gorgeous pink is "Afterhours" and that fun glitter is "It's Complicated". Don't they pair together great? Two days after I received these colors, I went out and bought "Silver Star" and "Sexy Mama". I was only bummed that our Walmart didn't have a bigger selection. I'd love to see these for sale other places! 


* Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths

As you've probably realized from following my reviews of skin care products, I have pretty sensitive skin. One wrong move and I've either got a huge breakout on my hands, or dry skin that itches like mad. So when these Cetaphil cleansing clothes said they were gentle, I was hopeful! I am always looking for something to take my tinted moisturizer off with at the end of the day, without all the harsh makeup removing chemicals. These do the trick! They have little to no scent, are very soft, and work effectively at cleaning your skin. I use them on my feet now too, to wipe them down after a day of wearing sandals.


* Vaseline® Spray & Go Moisturizer Cocoa Radiant

I was a little jealous last voxbox because my husband got a Spray & Go Moisturizer. I fell in love with the idea that, like my favorite new sunscreen, you were able to just spray it on, rub it in, and go. Of course his smelled like cologne, so I didn't want to use it :). Imagine my happiness when I opened my box to find one of my very own! This has a really pleasant shea butter and cocoa smell to it, and goes on so smooth. Be warned, it does dry really quickly! So if you don't want build up, do an arm at a time and make sure to rub it in right after you spray.



Truthfully, this was the only thing in the box I didn't get excited about. We don't usually buy gas at Shell, as it's much pricier than the other gas stations around us, and this rewards card doesn't really make much of a difference. You do save about $.03 per gallon at the pump, but in order to actually earn rewards you have to shop at their online mall, or sign up for a MasterCard Rewards Card. I like the idea of this, but it would make way more sense if you were just rewarded points for each time that you use the card at the pump. I don't see the hubby and I using this very often at all.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bottom line?

I loved the majority of this box! The Viva! VoxBox has me hooked on Pure Ice nail polish for sure, and I plan on going out to get more Cetaphil Cleansing Cloths once I run through mine. So this box was a ton of fun for me, and I can't wait to try more! Thanks Influenster for the fun products, and thank you for reading my review!



No comments:

Post a Comment