Saturday, May 3, 2014

Love With Food Box - April 2014


This was my favorite Love With Food box so far!!!

I just keep finding more and more delicious snacks to love in this subscription, and this month's box totally blew me away on that front. Not only did I try things I would probably never pick up on my own, but I got to share some of my box with family members who are also hooked now :). Spread the love. That's what I always say!

What is Love With Food you ask? Here's a blurb straight from their website:
Love With Food helps you discover new organic, all-natural snacks delivered to your door every month. Our subscription membership starts as low as $10/month. Every month, Love With Food members will receive a curated box of unique, hard-to-find tasty snacks which varies based on seasonal themes.

For every box sold, we donate a meal to several food banks such as the Feeding America Network and Share Our Strength - No Kid Hungry. Join us to help end child hunger one meal at a time!

Say goodbye to boring grocery selections and start discovering your Love With Food experience!
This month's theme was FLOWER POWER.

(A note: These are not my photos. All the photos I took this month were lost when I got a new phone. Credit goes to the Love With Food website!)

Orchard Blend by Sensible Foods
Package Size: .75 oz - Value: $1.66

I think I've found a new favorite way to eat fruit! My dad used to buy dried fruit all the time. I remember eating sticky pieces of dried apricots and pineapples. While I love the taste, I hated how they were so tacky feeling. This mix? It's freeze dried! It's crunchy, and sweet, and perfectly satisfying when you want that "chip" feel for your lunch. I actually loved this bag so much that I am eager to find more!


 Heart-tee by Wild Hibiscus Flower Co.
Package Size: 3 sachets - Value: $1.50

This tea is made from Hibiscus, and it's very very red when steeped. It looks beautiful in a glass teapot! I have to say that it takes a bit to get used to. The tea is very tangy. However, like most teas, it has a lot of health benefits, namely lowering stress and anxiety. With the way things have been going lately? I need this. I'm going to try it iced next!



Creamed Honey with Chocolate Mint by Vintage Bee
Package Size: 2 straws - Value: $1.00 (?)

Oh. Em. Gee. Do you love honey straws? Because I totally do. Now imagine that honey straw you love is turned into a creamy treat with undertones of chocolate and mint. Are you sold? I was! I ate this directly out the straw, and it was so good. I could see this going amazingly well in tea, or in coffee, or even spread on a piece of toast! The website has many more flavors. I think I might need to place an order.


Almonds with Cranberries, Honey + Sea Salt by Sahale Snacks
Package Size: .75 oz (2) - Value: $.75 each

Although I liked these, I don't think they're anything super special. The mix of almonds and cranberries was nice, and it was a good mix of sweet and salty, but I wasn't overly impressed. I think maybe I was missing a mix of more types of nuts. Almonds aren't that crunchy to begin with, so pairing them with cranberries makes for a non-crunchy snack. I'd be willing to try other varieties though.


From Olde England With A Kiss by Crave Canyon Popcorn
Package Size: 1 oz (2) - Value: $1.75 each

This popcorn flavor was... interesting. It has a kettle corn base, which we all know and love. The kick is that it also has anise on it. If you'll recall, anise is the spice that gives black licorice its flavor. I am not a fan of black licorice. So this popcorn flavor didn't really sit well with me, sadly :(. Good concept. Just not for me.



Hatch Has Met Its Match by Crave Canyon Popcorn
Package Size: 1 oz - Value: $1.75

If only they had put two of this flavor in my box, I would have been one happy girl! This popcorn was scrumptious! Imagine your favorite cheddar popcorn, but now add in the sharpness of asiago cheese and then... wait for it... hatch chilies. YUM! I had to fight with my hubby over this bag because we both liked it so much. This is a flavor I'd absolutely buy again.


Honey Waffle by Meli
Package Size: 1 waffle (4) - Value: $1.00 each

Holy mother of all things sweet this is a delicious treat! No seriously. There were four of these in my box, and I promptly devoured two the instant I opened the first one. Guys, these are delicious. They are slightly crunch, and sweet, and gooey, and... excuse me for a minute while I go get another one. I've already bought another set of these, and I plan on buying more!


Fiordifrutta Organic Fruit Spread by Rigoni Di Asiago
Package Size: .8 oz - Value: $.50

I'll be honest and say that I haven't eaten this yet, mainly because I haven't had any bread for toast in a while. LOL. I am intrigued by it though. This fruit spread has no added sugar, and is instead sweetened with organic apple juice! Since I'm already a fan of preserves over sickly sweet jellies, I think I'll like this. Only time will tell though.



Original Peanut Organic Energy Bar by Bumble Bar
Package Size: .65 oz (2) - Value: $1.00 each

To all the people out there who tried to get me to eat flax seeds, I'm sorry for not listening to you. This bar is made up of sesame, flax, vanilla and cinnamon (plus honey of course) and the result is amazing! These are rather sticky, but they are so good I just didn't care. If this is what organic energy bars taste like? Count me in.



Extra Virgin Coconut Oil by Kelapo
Package Size: .5 oz - Value: $1.00

We haven't used this yet, because I'm hanging on to it to make my Pad Thai this weekend, but I've heard so many good things about coconut oil! According to the healthy sites I follow, it's a great way to add extra flavor to your food and cut down on unnecessary fats. 




Sea Salt Pomegranate Chips by Simply 7 Snacks
Package Size: 1 oz (2) - Value: $1.25 each

Before you look at these and balk, listen to what I have to say. I thought the same thing. How on earth could pomegranate pair with sea salt? Wouldn't that make a sweet chip with a weird salty taste? Nope. It's amazing. These are so good! This actually ended up being one of my favorite things in the box, and I can't thank Love With Food enough for creating the opportunity for me to try them.



What an amazing box this month!

Once again this box was valued at around $20, and I paid $17, so it was another good month of deals. I can't express enough though that Love With Food is all about curation. It's about getting you to try new snacks, from all over the world, that are healthier alternatives! So if you're looking at trying this? Go for it. You can even get your first tasting box for free right now. All you pay is shipping :).

Happy snacking!




No comments:

Post a Comment