Saturday, April 26, 2014

Ah, stress.


I've hinted here and there about the way things are going at work lately. We all know that our jobs are on their way out. Everyone I work around knows that, pretty much at any time, we might be told that our last day working there has come. Being someone who tries her best to work hard, and keep things moving, it's been a tough last few weeks. I've watched the morale of those around me sink lower and lower by the day.

So of course it's natural that I feel stressed. No matter how far down I push it, and try to stay positive, it makes itself known. Manifesting in my dreams or keeping me from falling asleep at all. It's tough not to know where you'll be in a few months. The unknown is one of the scariest things for me. I'm a planner.

I feel for the people out there looking for jobs. While I'm still employed, I've been scouring job postings and filling out profile after profile in hopes of finding something worthwhile. It's tiring. It's unrewarding. It's also completely necessary. You might apply for 90 different jobs, and end up being contacted by only 1, but that's the way the game is played.

Needless to say I've been trying to stay upbeat! I'm lucky to have an amazing husband who, since we found out this was coming around the bend, has worked hard to make sure we can handle whatever comes our way. We've paid off debt, we've put money in savings, we've even discussed how to handle it if I have to take another entry level job for a while. So, I guess things aren't as bad as they seem. I'm just trying to get my brain to wrap itself around the fact that the unknown isn't as terrifying as I think it is.

I know this post is just a bunch of word vomit, but it's what is on my mind today. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment