Sunday, April 3, 2016

30 Things That Make Me Smile

So, today is the BIG DAY! We get the keys to our house today, and I know that the next few weeks are going to be dedicated to painting, sanding, cleaning and moving. After the last two months, and stressing out endlessly over escrow, I'm deeply in need of something to set me back to zero. 

I haven't been myself lately. All that passion I normally have for things, all the energy that I usually put forth, it was hiding somewhere inside me. I'm finally starting to feel normal again. To feel like my bubbly, silly, and sometimes totally nerdy self. It's a good feeling! So it's time to journal. Time to reflect on all the good things. I think once we get settled in at the house, I'm going to start a journaling jar, to pull a prompt out of on Sundays. Maybe it'll get the creative juices flowing!

Anyway, here's the prompt I was given by Tumblr today.

Make a list of 30 things that make you smile.
Challenge accepted.

1. Planting things. Flowers, vegetables, anything.
2. Cooking a big meal, hopefully successfully!
3. Eating ice cream (especially chocolate!)
4. Finding something in a book that is just SO ME.
5. Sitting and just listening to the right music.
6. Doing puzzles.
7. A warm breeze that smells like summer.
8. The sound of birds in the trees.
9. Having someone in my life who just gets me.
10. Looking at old pictures.
11. Spending time with friends I haven't seen in a while.
12. Watching people enjoy things I've cooked/baked.
13. "Window Shopping" for things I'll never actually buy on the Internet.
14. Snuggling on the couch.
15. Finding someone who is just as excited about something as I am.
16. Lying in the warm sun.
17. When that perfect song comes on, to complement what I'm reading at the time.
18. Everyday items shaped liked whimsical things.
19. Miyazaki movies.
20. The sound of wind chimes on a breezy day.
21. The smell of the ocean breeze.
22. That first sip of a new bottle of wine.
23. Getting unexpected snail mail.
24. Lazy mornings with the hubby.
25. Wearing crazy patterned socks under an otherwise professional outfit.
26. Buying the above mentioned crazy socks!
27. Talking to my mom on the phone, about everything and nothing.
28. Going for a walk on a beautiful day.
29. Shopping at Farmer's Markets, and talking to people who are passionate about their wares.
30. Honestly? Writing this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment