Wednesday, April 13, 2016

New Mornings


This morning, that picture of glorious coffee is calling my name. For those of you out there in blogging land, or those of you who just like gorgeous photographs, I'll point you to Pexels. It's a website where talented people share their photos, free for personal use. I love going there to just glance through snapshots of other lives, and also to get inspiration to write posts like this. There's something to be said for a good picture. It has the power to set the atmosphere. This photo right here? It calls to me with its aura of contentment and, since I feel that way right now, we're right in sync.

These last two days have been a new kind of mornings for me. It's both still weird, and still amazing, to wake up in a quiet house. Our bedroom furniture came yesterday, and I'm starting to see our house slowly pulling itself together. I'm loving every minute of it. I have to stop myself from worrying about every little thing we still need, everything still to be done, and remember to enjoy the fact that we're getting settled somewhere that belongs to just us. To myself and B. We have a home.

It's nice to wake up and, even though I'm still tired because commuting via train isn't always easy, feel like life is good. It makes mornings more bearable, and that's improved my mood greatly. My heart is happy.

1 comment:

  1. We're so happy for you. :) No more stupid child running around and yelling above you as B tries to sleep. Just a quiet home. HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete