Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Salad Wraps and Ponderings



As I sit here enjoying the salad wrap that my hubby made for me (he's the cook in the house and damn good at it too) I can't help but ponder my obsession with blogs. See, I've always been a journal writer. From the time I was old enough to write in fairly decent penmanship, I've kept a journal.


I was always in love with the idea of being able to go back and relive memories at particular parts of my life. Some people scrapbook, some people have great memories, me? I'm a journal writer.

So of course now that technology has evolved I've found a new outlet for my random thoughts and wishes. At first it felt a little impersonal. There's nothing like scratching pen against paper. Then I realized that I could have both. Why not have a paper journal AND this one? At least this one I can share with whoever cares to read it.

Blogging is my new form of journal writing, and I'll be honest and say it's opened up a world of opportunities to me. Blogging has allowed me to express my love of books and to become a voice in what people read. This outlet has even allowed me the opportunity to meet other like minded people who I probably wouldn't have met otherwise.

Long story short? I'll always be a journal writer. Whether it be digital or old school. So you'll all just have to get used to my ramblings.


Much love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment