Monday, March 4, 2013

Post-Vacation-itis


Just look at that happy couple! All glowing, slightly sunburned, with not a care in the world. That was us last week. Totally loving every minute of our first vacation together as husband and wife! As an added bonus, this was MY first week long, entirely paid, vacation. It rocked!

Now that we're back and the real world is glaring us in the face, it's a bit of an adjustment. Back to bills, chores, and the ever present obligation of work. I just keep reminding myself that working is what paid for us to slack off for a week! That helps a lot.

Luckily I've been in a bit of an OCD mood lately, so before we left I set up a whole bunch of new ways to keep me organized. I've got new calendars to remind me of things, including grocery and laundry days, a bill tracker that tells me when things are due and projects how much money I'll have AND a spreadsheet to stick to my monthly budget.

Organized Jessica is organized.

We'll see how all of these things work coupled together, but it is my hope that it'll keep me honest :). B and I are already planning our next fun trip later this year and I can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment