Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The further adventures...



News Flash: I've finally finished editing all our photos! There are over 450 of them, so you have no idea how much of a big deal that is for me :). Now I can share even more with you!


Let's start with the smiling faces of Mr. B and I, shall we? Yesterday morning our first order of business was to head to "The Rock". Trust me, I totally said that in a Sean Connery voice all day long.


We headed straight up to the prison block (let me tell you it's a HIKE) and claimed our free audio tour. Walking through the doors of this prison is the weirdest feeling in the world.


Here's Mr. B trying to look tough. (That's his grrrr face.) He and I were amazed at how small the cells really were. A mere 7 feet tall. Look at how his head almost hits the roof! Crazy!


Can you imagine freedom, and a bustling metropolis, just out of reach like that? So close that you can taste it, and yet so very far away. The view from here was gorgeous.



Our next stop was a place that I personally was totally excited to go! The Jelly Belly Jelly Bean Factory!!! They do free tours, and give complimentary samples. Ever wanted to try all 150 flavors of jelly beans? Well, here's your chance.


I was pretty impressed by the jelly bean art! Look! It's John Wayne in jelly beans. Doesn't he look good enough to eat? 


Perfect end to an epic day if I do say so myself! I'll end here so I don't overwhelm you :). Check back tomorrow! I'll let you know all about our epic bus tour that we took today and all of the craziness we saw on it. Until then, onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment