Sunday, February 24, 2013

Vacation: Take Two!



Well friends, today was our first full day out here and can I please tell you...this whole area is gorgeous! I mean I live in an ocean city in So Cal, and STILL this area impresses me. Absolutely lovely.

Today we did a bit of wandering all over the peninsula and off. The awesome friends we are staying with are house hunting, so we took that opportunity to go see different cities here. We started out the morning at lunch, of course. What do you do when you're in a new place? Why EAT of course!



 Meet Ike's Lair, home of the absolute BEST sandwiches I have ever eaten in my entire life. No lie. I love good food and I love really quirky places. This place has both!

After ordering the menois-a-tois (RIGHT?!?) and impatiently waiting I took my first bite. I can't even remember what my sandwich had on it, but I can tell you that it was so utterly delicious I had to eat all of it.

Oh...and lick my fingers.


Then we had the opportunity to drive off the peninsula on the San Mateo Bridge. Now I know it's not as fancy as the two larger bridges, but wow is that water blue! I had to snap a quick photo out the window as we drove, but I couldn't get over how beautiful the water and the sky look together.


I'm seriously tempted to move here. I mean, it's SO GREEN! Imagine having this photo as your view everyday when you walked outside to leave for the day. I don't know about you, but I'd adore it.


Coming back on the bridge was even more fun because I got to see the sunset over the water. I so wish I had snapped a better picture but you know how it goes. Hanging your head out the window only works so well. Hahaha.


Our day ended at Rib Shack, which apparently has been on Food Network and is famous for its BBQ! Honestly? I'd agree. Most delicious brisket I've ever eaten. Mmmm....

Have I mentioned we eat a lot?

Anyway day one has come to a close! We'll be heading to bed soon so that we can get up tomorrow and go explore. I do believe it's a Chinatown day! Expect more awesome photos and random reporting on our shenanigans! 

Until then, sweetest dreams.







No comments:

Post a Comment