Sunday, March 30, 2014

Love With Food Box - March 2014


Ah, Love With Food box you are so delicious.

If you'll recall, last month I upgraded to the Deluxe Box. I loved this box so much that I splurged and bought a whole year out right. I figure I'll give this subscription a full year. If it's not worth it anymore by then, well, we'll have to break up. So far though, I've been really happy with what I've been introduced to! 

What is Love With Food you ask? Here's a blurb straight from their website:
Love With Food helps you discover new organic, all-natural snacks delivered to your door every month. Our subscription membership starts as low as $10/month. Every month, Love With Food members will receive a curated box of unique, hard-to-find tasty snacks which varies based on seasonal themes.

For every box sold, we donate a meal to several food banks such as the Feeding America Network and Share Our Strength - No Kid Hungry. Join us to help end child hunger one meal at a time!

Say goodbye to boring grocery selections and start discovering your Love With Food experience!

This month's theme was FLAVORS OF THE WORLD! Here's a breakdown for you.


Shortbread Fingers by Walkers (2)
Package Size: 1 oz - Value: $.85

Earl Grey Tea by Taylors of Harrogate (2)
Package Size: 1 sachet - Value: $.25

These were the first two things I took from the box. The shortbread cookies are to die for (so buttery!) and this tea is my new favorite. No wonder, it's made in England after all.


Chai Spice Macaroons by Emmy's Organics (2)
Package Size: 2 oz - Value: $2.95

These babies are not cheap! Whoa. Let me say, I was pretty excited about the fact that they were Chai Spice flavored. I love me some Chai. I liked this well enough, although the texture is a little soft at first. For being Vegan, Gluten Free and Organic though? These are pretty darn good for a little snack.




Cassava Chips by Wai Lana (2)
Package Size: 1 oz - Value: $1.39

I received Sea Salt & Vinegar, as well as Thai Curry with Lime. I was blown away by the fact that these aren't actually potato chips. They're made from cassava! In my opinion the Sea Salt & Vinegar flavor was way too heavy on the flavor. They were so sharp that I had to tone them down by eating a sandwich at the same time. I'm excited to try the Thai Curry with Lime flavor though!



Ginger Chews by Chimes
Package Size: 1.5oz - Value: $1.70

I've had these before, and they are good stuff! I remember the first time I saw them I thought that ginger was a pretty weird item for a candy. Truth be told? They're really mild and tasty. Plus they're good for your stomach :). I'm happy to have a little bag of them for my very own.




Lollipops by Pierrot Gourmand (2)
Package Size: 2 lollipops - Value: $.50

These lovely lollis are apparently from France and come in some interesting flavors. I received Milk Strawberry and Raspberry. They are all natural! And honestly, I liked the Milk Strawberry. It's pretty interesting, but in a good way.




Taco & Burrito Seasoning by Desert Gardens
Package Size: 1.4oz - Value: $3.45

I'm always happy to have more spices in my arsenal, and when I opened this packet it smelled amazing. We haven't used it yet, but we will soon. This was definitely a win in my book. Taco night anyone?





Pasta Chips by Vintage Italia (2)
Package Size: 1oz - Value: $.85

Are you intrigued? So am I! I haven't cracked into these yet but they are described as being "pasta in the form of a chip". I feel that this has the potential to end really well,  or really terrible. We'll see which one it is.





InkaCorn by InkaCrops
Package Size: 1.7oz - Value: $.80

Holy snacks batman! You think Corn Nuts are good? You haven't had InkaCorn yet. Actually I hadn't either, but it is so good I don't think I can go back. It's like regular corn on steroids, and not too terribly salty. I think these are a new favorite of mine from now on.




White Miso Soup by SushiChef
Package Size: .5oz - Value: $1.49

So apparently this little packet makes one mug of delicious miso soup. It has everything dehydrated inside of it, and then you just mix it up with some hot water. I'm pretty excited to try this! I'm a sucker for miso soup. It'd be nice to have the ability to make it myself any time :).





So there you have it!

The Deluxe Box is a much better value in my opinion. I pay $17 a month, and this month I received around $20 worth of snacks. Compared to last month, and my smaller box, that's pretty awesome! I'm hooked on this box so far. Let's hope it stays that awesome.

Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment